You can easily present your historical data in the form of a historical trend.
- Watch video describing this functionality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhvLI-QZL34
To do so, first look at the chapter Data Logging to set your data-log from which to retrieve data.
1. If you have your Data log ready, create a new historical trend by going to the Advanced Trends folder and selecting a new trend, as shown in the following picture:
2. A new dialog window will show up where you can fill in the trend name and description. Then click on OK.
3. Now the new trend ‘myAdvancedTrend’ is created and you can find it in the Advanced Trends folder of the Project window.
4. Double click on the newly created trend to open it.
5. Click on the Add Pen button in the lower part of the Advanced Trend Definition window.
You will be presented with the Pen settings dialog:
6. In the pop-up dialog box, you can define your new pen to show. First, you should select a data log from which to show data, then select your data point to show (only the tags from the selected data log are available):
7. Finally, fill in the Description and Unit. You can also change the pen color and confirm by pressing the Add button. The pen is now listed in the table below:
- Note: You can freely add as many pens as you wish; they can read data from multiple data-logs.
You can see how your trend will look in real-time: