You can easily present your historical data in the form of a historical trend.
- Watch video describing this functionality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhvLI-QZL34
To do so, first look at the chapter Data Logging to set your data-log from which to retrieve data.
1. If you have your Datalog ready, create a new historical trend by going to the Advanced Trends folder and selecting a new trend, as shown in the following picture:
2. A new dialogue window will show up where you can fill in the trend name and description and select look of the Advanced trend, there are three options available, by clicking on each you can see a “sample” how the advanced trend will look like by default, of course after selecting the type of the advanced trend you will be then forwarded to the Advanced Trends where for each type of the graph you can select more advanced options. (This section has been re-developed in order to make it more user friendly and to show options to the user which he is capable to use together with the type of trend in past could happen that the user selected some option in trend properties which wasn’t working together with the type which he has selected).
Box plot look:
3. Now the new trend ‘Basic Advanced trend’ is created and you can find it in the Advanced Trends folder of the Project window.
5. Click on the Add Pen button in the lower part of the Advanced Trend Definition window.
You will be presented with the Pen settings dialogue:
6. In the pop-up dialogue box, you can define your new pen to show. First, you should select a data log from which to show data, then select your data point to show (only the tags from the selected data log are available):
7. Finally, fill in the Description and Unit. You can also change the pen colour and confirm by pressing the Add button. The pen is now listed in the table below:
- Note: You can freely add as many pens as you wish; they can read data from multiple data-logs.
You can see how your trend will look in real-time: